ABOUT THE OWNER/OPERATOR LMIA FEDERAL WORK PERMIT PROGRAM
Owner/Operator LMIA Video
WORK PERMIT FIRST WITH THE CANADIAN IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES, NO FIRST STEP PROVINCIAL APPROVAL REQUIRED, PERMANENT RESIDENCY APPLICATION UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY VISA CAN BE FILED AFTER 12 MONTHS OF BUSINESS OPERATION IN CANADA
- Work Permit First with the Canadian Immigration Authorities.
- No first step provincial approval required.
- Permanent Residency application under the Express Entry Visa may be filed after 12 months of business operation in Canada
- You must have an intermediate level (5) in French or English;\
- Your minimum investment, once in Canada, must be determined in your business plan but is likely to be CAN$100 000 or more. Keep in mind that you invest in your own business.
Basically, it’s a work permit that allows you to work in Canada by establishing your own firm / creating your own employment.
If your application meets all the requirements and clearly demonstrates benefits for the Canadian economy, the Canadian authorities will issue a positive LMIA and you will be granted a work visa.
As an Owner/Operator investing in the Canadian economy to launch a business and potentially creating new jobs for Canadians, the Government of Canada may consider LMIA exemptions to simplify this type of immigration process.
On the basis of your Business Management background, we will assess your options and determine the most suitable scenario among the following:
i- Start your own business (Desjardins Lawyers will assist you in developing your business idea);
ii- Become a majority shareholder of an active Canadian Company (Desjardins Lawyers will share with you existing business opportunities);
iii- Buy a Canadian Franchise (Desjardins Lawyers will submit to your attention a list of available and admissible Canadian Franchises).