ABOUT THE FEDERAL START-UP VISA PROGRAM
Start-Up Visa Video
- This Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to launch businesses in Canada that are innovative, that can create jobs for Canadians and can compete on a global scale;
- This is a direct Permanent Resident (PR) Visa (i.e., no need for any kind of temporary visa, work permit or visitor visa);
- We deal directly with the top authority in terms of Canadian Immigration policies, i.e. the Canadian Immigration Authorities. No first step Provincial approval required;
- Your PR Visa is not contingent to the Company being profitable (once started);
To apply for the Start-Up Visa Program:
- Your business idea, must get the support of a designated organization (Venture capital funds, Angel investor groups, Business incubators).
- We’ll be in charge of finding such a “designated organization” on your behalf and obtaining a Letter of Support ( which is a mandatory document in order to apply).
- You must meet the minimum language requirements in English or French (at least CLB 5 in all abilities) and you could be invited to invest in the business.
- you will receive an equity participation of at least 10% of the total voting rights attached to all shares of the Company at the time of your investment.
- you will earn dividends from the Company if it is profitable.
Permanent Residency in approximately 31 months
Reside Anywhere in Canada