ABOUT THE BRITISH COLUMBIA BASE WORKING PERMIT PROGRAM (Including Vancouver)
YOU WILL HAVE TO START AND MANAGE YOUR BUSINESS
(OR BUY AN EXISTING ONE) IN THAT PROVINCE.
- A working permit can be provided within approximately 6 months.
- After 12 months in Canada, we may apply for your Canadian Permanent Resident (PR) Visa.
- Approximate time frame before getting a PR Visa from starting the procedure: 28 months.
- This WP gives access to Medicare (health system) and Canadian tuition fees for applicant’s children’s education.
- Applicant’s spouse can also work with an Open WP.
- You can start your business anywhere in BC.
- Once granted the PR Visa, applicant may reside, work, start a business, or study anywhere in Canada.
Eligibility Requirements Based on Recent Invitations to Apply Sent by the BC Government
- Settling in Canada and working on your business is mandatory (as well as following your own business plan and limiting your risk).
- A minimum CAN$200 000 investment of your own money is required.
- Own total assets (bank accounts, real estate, stocks) of at least CAN$600 000.
- Be within 25-54 years of age.
- Have at least a post-secondary diploma.
- Have at least 3 years of business management experience in the past 5 years.
- Be of intermediate level in English or French.