Hotel Front Desk clerk
Hotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts.
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is usually required.
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management may be required.
- Guest services representative trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Saskatchewan.