Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourer
Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers perform work to assist in the construction of landscapes and related structures, and to maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, landscaped interiors and other landscaped areas. They are employed by landscaping and lawn care companies, golf courses, cemeteries, and landscaping operations of public works departments and private establishments.
- Spread top soil, lay sod, plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees and perform other duties to assist with the construction of a landscape and related structures
- Cut grass, rake, aerate, dethatch, fertilize and water lawns, weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor Maintain lawns and grass along roadsides
- Operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws, snowblowers and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Spray and dust trees, shrubs, lawns and gardens, as directed, to control insects and disease
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.