Residential and Commercial Installer and Servicer
Residential and commercial installers and servicers install and service a wide variety of interior and exterior prefabricated products such as windows, doors, electrical appliances, water heaters, fences, play structures and septic and irrigation systems at residential, commercial or institutional properties. They are employed by companies specializing in specific product installation and service.
- Read blueprints or work order specifications to determine layout and installation procedures.
- Measure and mark guidelines to be used for installations.
- Install, repair and service interior prefabricated products such as doors, windows, kitchen cupboards, bathroom vanities, water heaters and household appliances using hand and power tools.
- Install, repair and service exterior prefabricated products such as siding, shutters, awnings, fencing, decks, septic and irrigation systems, signs and play structures using hand and power tools.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- On-the-job training and several months of related installing, repairing or servicing experience are usually required.
- A driver's licence may be required.