Skip to content


Immigrate to Canada as an International Student


Canadian Study Permit Video

Becoming a International Student

With the Canadian Study Permit, your child will be able to live, study and work in one of the world’s top destinations for international students. As a Canadian immigration law firm, we will help you select a suitable school based on your child's profile, secure a letter of admission, and file the Study Permit application to the Canadian immigration Authorities.

Why Study in Canada?

  • Competitive tuition fees and world-class education standards: The tuition fees for international students in Canada are lower than in the USA, UK or Australia. At the same time, students graduating from an internationally renowned institution are prepared for a great career in Canada or Worldwide.
  • Work while studying: While completing courses as a full-time international student in Canada, your child is eligible to work for any Canadian employer, as a freelancer/sole proprietor or conducting entrepreneurial activities.
  • Join Canadian work force by obtaining a Post-Graduate work permit: Upon gaining a Canadian diploma/degree, your child becomes eligible for an Open work permit for up to 3 years. Such a permit gives them the flexibility to work for any employers, anywhere in Canada.
  • Long-term visitor record for accompanying parents: Parents of minors studying in Canada may qualify for lengthy resident permits (12 month and over) to accompany their minor children.

A Path to Canadian Permanent Residency

Upon graduation, Study permit holders may apply for the Canadian Permanent Residency from within Canada and obtain Permanent Resident visas for themselves and immediate family members (spouse and children) without leaving Canada. 

Qualifications for the Canadian Study Permit

  • Letter of Admission: You must get an official Letter of Admission from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution ("DLI"). Our legal services could include the search and the submission, on your behalf, of such a Letter of Admission from a DLI.
  • Funds: You should have sufficient funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses for the first year of your child's education, which is on average of CDN$25 000 for 1 person + CDN$4000 per accompanying family member.
  • IELTS score: For Bachelor's degrees, College and other lower academic levels, your child will need a minimum English or French IELTS band score of 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in each category.
    For postgraduate study (Masters, Doctoral degrees), your child will need an overall IELTS band score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6 in each category.
  • Study gap: If your child has completed his/her studies more than 5 years ago, his/her Study permit application should provide clear reasons pertaining to their intent to study in Canada. Detailed study plan is a key element of such applications.

Interested in Obtaining a Canadian Study Permit?


Lower Tuition Fee than US, UK, and Australia

Eligible to Work Unlimited Hours Off-Campus

May Apply for Canadian Permanent Residency Upon Graduation