ABOUT PEI'S BUSINESS IMPACT WORK PERMIT PROGRAM
Prince Edward Island ("PEI") is located on the east coast of Canada and it is surrounded by the Atlantic ocean; in fact, there are no points on the island more than 16 kilometres from the water. With a population of roughly 140,000 people, located on 5,660 square kilometres, PEI is the smallest province of Canada. Despite its small size, PEI has a very important role in the history of Canada and is actually referred to as the birthplace of Canada. Charlottetown is the capital city and has a population of 40,000. PEI has also the world’s longest bridge (13km), which connects the island province to the mainland of Canada. Agriculture, fishing, and tourism are the primary industries on PEI, and sectors identified for growth include aerospace, bioscience, and information technology.
- Must have a minimum personal net worth of CAD$600 000 - No more than 30% of net corporate assets may be considered as personal net worth;
- Must have previously at least 3 years of management experience; Have at least a two (2) years post-secondary diploma;
- Be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- Have a minimum score of 4.0 on the IELTS;
- Must make a minimum of CAD$150 000 investment in their own business (you can own 100%) and run the business for 12 months showing at least CAD$75 000 in operating costs;
- The CAD$75 000 operating costs cannot include salary to Principal Applicant or family members; Business does not need to be successful or profitable nor is there any minimum hiring requirements;
- Provide active and on-going management of the business from within PEI. Must have an approved business plan to do business in PEI - to be prepared in collaboration with Desjardins Lawyers.